AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stories

Part of my job entails listening. Listening to women talk to me about their lives, their pregnancies, their children and their families. I have found that the first step to healing is talking and having someone to listen. I believe words are powerful and create energy as they are spoken as well as dispel negative emotional energy in the body. Simply by saying the words creates the path to healing.
What i have also found is people want and need to tell their stories without judgement or criticism. They need to feel safe and listened to. I have also realized as I have gotten older how important it is to step back before making a judgement about someone's actions and think that there is more to this story. Often behavior is directly related to a story that needs to come out.
As a healer, I can give those around me the space to talk. I can see this as a gift i am giving that allows a person to speak freely.
To not be in a hurry, to not be thinking of my net answer and to breath deeply as i feel the energy around me.
I have heard deeply sad stories and amazingly joyous ones. Stories from the heart of a woman and how she has allowed others to treat her. I have heard words that broke my heart and moved the very deepest parts of my soul. Sometimes i wonder how does this woman bear this story daily? Sometimes i just sit and cry with her while holding her hand and sometimes i hold her in a complete hug and let her cry.
As per a previous post I dont give answers as they dont exist. I believe each of us has our own answers and we just need to find it ourselves. I am just an anchor to help them clear their hearts and minds.
All my life i have found people will tell me things about themselves they have not told anyone else. They will tell me a story and suddenly look at me and say "Wow., i have never told anyone that, why did i tell you all that?". Complete strangers will feel comfortable telling me their deepest stories. How privileged I have been to be a part of that healing.

Everyone has stories--they are the life we lead. Have you listened to a story lately?

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger