AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Friday, July 3, 2009

July 4th... Day of Freedom..?

Yes i know the patriotic mantra on the 4th of July. Freedom and independence and all that jazz. But as i think about this...who was free?
Certainly not women for a LONG LONG time.. African americans? nope. Children? no way
WHITE MALES? ummm yeah.
As women we still dont have the freedom to birth our babies where and with whom in many places of this country. We are still sciences guinea pigs with our children being second. We still struggle with domestic abuse issues and men not being held accountable for their violence.
If you are a white christian male..life is good eh? Happy Day of Freedom!!!

As for me, I will continue to struggle with a society that does not like or honor me as a woman except if sex is involved or submission or making dinner for a man. Certainly having opinions is NOT acceptable.... but see heres the secret.
I am coming up on crone years and I simply dont give a fuck what society thinks anymore.
One day all people will enjoy freedom....

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger