AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Saturday, December 1, 2007

logistics

I dont celebrate Christ-Mass. I celebrate the yule season.
now interestingly for over 20 years i did not celebrate ANY december holiday. As a religious believer of christianity, i did not believe Xmas was a holiday that i should be observing since it is NOT the birth of christ, and in fact is birth of several other gods including Mithras. And every bit of the traditions ARE pagan in origin. So i did not follow the ways of the pagans traditions..
BUT when i left the religious box i was in, I gloried in the pagan traditions and now we Observe Yule, winter solstice and I am going to observe Jan 5th in honor of the Italian Witch ..La Belafana..she sounds very cool.
So now we do the tree and presents... but i refuse to celebrate the religious part of it as its simply not christian..its a Pagan holiday with christian dressing to appease the ones who converted...
I am amused when i see "christ is the reason for the season or Without Christ there is no Christmas" and i wonder if these churches are as ignorant as they sound... Mithras is the reason for the season.. Winter solstice is the reason for the season... and any number of other Gods in other cultures with the birthdate of Dec 25 IS the reason for the season...and to be even MORE confusing, supposedly scholars know Jesus was born either spring or early fall... SO why are christians so darn determined to "keep" DEc 25th as THE DAY?????????


Good question...

So..i am loving my tree with colorful lights... presents mounting to a huge pile(with 9 kids thats almost a hundred gifts if we have just bought one for each other!!!), fire going in the evening and sipping hot tea.

update: one of my girls is woodburning every piece of wood she can find and giving it as gifts, she also cleaned out her drawers and gave her stuff to her siblings.. it will be interesting to see what she has chosen to give each of them.

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger