AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Friday, November 16, 2007

Having some time to relax...

in between births is nice but then i find myself looking at blogs and websites about birth, and women and feminism and loving every minute of it.
But some of the birth videos make me angry that women can be treated to disrespectfully and callously by a medical system that thinks women birth "down there".
Why are women allowing men ANY sayso in their health care? Why allow a male OB to decide what is best for your body? They can so quickly justify using the knife in one way or the others and often its done before a woman can consent.
The older i get, the more aware i am becoming of the world of women..and what that means to me. As my children get older and need me less, I can see myself becoming more devoted to feminist issues.
As a midwife, I already involve myself in many ways... but there is more to be done.

2 comments:

whatsername said...

Honestly I think women put up with it because they have been made to believe that "this is how things are" and they don't realize there is such a thing as Feminist Health Care. As a result of that and other issues I'm sure, Feminist Health Clinics have gone out of business, so even if/when women do discover there is/was such a thing, it's probably gone already.

It's really quite sad. I don't know. But personally that's why, among other reasons, I could never have a male gyno, and would rather have a midwife should I ever give birth.

Uppity Woman said...

I agree.. most women assume they must be humiliated, abused, assaulted and disrespected to get "good" health care. they truly dont know they can say NO and walk away.
My biggest job is to educate women on standing up and refusing care that is rude..on ANY level.
thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger