AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

home again

I spent a week at a midwife conference in Florida.. it was fun to meet old friends and also hear some new ideas and thoughts on midwifery. The hotel itself was a pain in the ass...i think a hotel that charges $199 a night should provide internet access and free local calls... but for some reaosn they did not think so. I complained loudly and often :)
One of the classes and subjects discuss was rascism and how as white women we can change it, stop it, make a difference and take a stand against it. I am going to give this much thought and figure out how i can change things even if its just those i know or meet.
There is no better place to meet Uppity Women than a midwifery conference!!!!

2 comments:

BGK said...

I'm glad you had fun at your convention, Donna! There are so many wonderful woman-friendly cool-midwife blogs out there and I'm glad you are joining them.

http://observantmidwife.blogspot.com/ is one of my faves. Do you read Barb's blog?

I love you, Donna, you are an amazing woman,

Anne

Uppity Woman said...

hey anne!!! so glad to see you... and i do read that midwife blog..truly there are a lot of awesome blogs out there.
When you coming up north to see me?

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger