AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Monday, November 19, 2007

Feminism

What is feminism exactly?
to me it always been about womyn...centering life around womyn, refusing to see man as the model.
To filter everything through a womyns perspective. To be strong and honest and willing to say what needs to be said. Not to see men as THE ones in charge nor allow them to be in charge over my decisions or actions.
It is argued that to be a feminist one must be a lesbian.
I dont think sexual orientation is a criteria in being a feminist. I thought it was about BEING a womyn...and not our relationships. Being Strong, opinionated,loving,caring,kick-ass, defending the belief that womyn CAN be whatever they want to be or do what they want to. I thought it was about womyn centered choices, perspectives,attitudes,longings,motivations, ideas, words and about loving OURSELVES.
Why does who we sleep with MATTER? Does a feminist who is heterosexual need to BECOME lesbian to be taken seriously? To be allowed to enter into conversations about change in our world? to defend the rights of others including lesbians or not, to live their own lives as they want to? Why do i need to BE something i am NOT to satisfy someones elses idea of RIGHT?????
HOLD up..that sounds like patriarchy and i REJECT that..and I am ME. I refuse to become anything other than me. And i refuse to ask or demand someone become what they are not.
I adore womyn,,, i think they are strong and wonderful and perfectly made..i love their openness, their vulnerability, their emotions and their uppityness...their conversations and their hugs.
I have close womyn friends who i could hug all day because their love makes me know that i am loved back for my being a womyn also.

Uppity womyn are AWESOME!!!

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger