AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Remembrance Dinner

Each year on this november holiday I create a dinner that is a remembrance for all those prosecuted by religious zealots. Though of course our society says its a day set aside for thanking the indians by the pilgrims, what we DONT say is how intolerant they were of the Native Americans beliefs and life. The ironic part is the pilgrims came supposedly!!! because of religious intolerance and yet they themselves tolerated no one--not even themselves.

So i make the traditional meal but i also take a moment to reflect on the hollow thanks indeed it was and how they were murdered and tortured by a religious group later.

SO for this "thanksgiving" day, I want to acknowledge all the Native Americans killed/hurt/tortured/diminished in the Name of God, the women burned and tortured in the name of God, the minorities enslaved and killed in the Name of God and to all people hurt by religious morons that use force, threats, pain,and death to force another group of people to conform.

May we all remember the sorrow and grief families and cultures experienced and may we ask for forgiveness for our part in intolerance in the past and may we honor differences in all we meet. Being thankful for having those who think differently in our lives to show us We just AINT all that.

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger