AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yule

I have to say Yule is not my favorite season. I love some of the traditions of Yule but i hate the religious aspects of it. Since Every thing done on yule from the tree, to the wreath, to presents to decorating is pagan, its just wrong that a religious group has made this very pagan celebration a religious event. If they would do JUST a bit of research they would realize the birth story aint about Jesus..but Mostly about Mithras..one of many Gods born of a virgin (which by the way means a not married woman) and even born on Dec 25th. So really Mithras is the reason for the season..THOUGH this sect was very anti woman and only for celibate men...

Anyway.. i do have Yule things going on. Since i have 9 kids we all drew 3 names each for gift giving, they each have to do something in the month of Dec that is giving to the community or a person without any giving back and on the day we open gifts they must bring a poem or something to read and then each makes a dish for the meal. I have a live tree up, as much pagan stuff as i can find :) and a very cute ice skating penguin which will always have a special place in my heart.
so Happy Yule to All and i pray love finds a way to your life and that Peace is that which we all endeavor for within our own world.

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger