AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not the Loss Alone

Not the loss alone,
But what comes after.
If it ended completely
At loss, the rest
Wouldn't matter.

But you go on.
And the world also.

And words, words
In a poem or song:
Aren't they a stream
On which your feelings float?

Aren't they also
The banks of that stream
And you yourself the flowing?

~ Gregory Orr ~

During the hardest of times, the most sorrowful days, the nights of grief and regret, I have always turned to Words to help me navigate my feelings. I find the words of others who understand the pain or sorrow to be comforting and empowering. Over the last few years I have kept a collection of poems/prose/quotes that when i read them now, I can remember why i choose each piece. It is also like a journal of my journey during those dark times. I can see myself climbing out of the darkness and venturing towards peace and light even though it was a slow process.
Sorrow, Regret, Loss and Pain are all part of what we call life on this earth. Even though words of others can help make sense of our emotions, there is nothing like a big hug from a friend to make all right with the world--at least for that moment.

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger