AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Obstacles

At a recent woman's group meeting the topic of obstacles in our life was discussed and how to deal with them. It seems we make resolutions to change but the ability to get pass the obstacles prevents us from truly following through. As I thought about the many obstacles over my life I came to a conclusion for me. My obstacles have always been signs that my life needs changing or situations need reassessing or friends need removing from my life. I can do 3 things when faced with obstacles--1- ignore it and turn my back--which of course does nothing to solve it but the obstacle gets bigger and bigger and I must create more denial tactics to not notice it. 2- I go around it and hope this means its not there anymore--same as #1 though as it gets bigger and I go around it more and more. The third is confront it==walk right into it and figure out what this obstacle is "saying" to me. What needs to change? What transformation is waiting for me once i deal with this obstacle? Why am i so reluctant to do this and wallow in the pain or sorrow I am in now?
Well change is always hard... as is dealing with obstacles because they often involve people in our life. Family even. To confront those in our life who create angst and drama and pain is the hardest thing we can do. Changing things in our life is never easy and sometimes we dont even know how we will change it but we just do. Toxic relationships are a big obstacle to our own growth and happiness. People who suck every bit of love and compassion and emotions from you need to be put outside personal space and dealt with as little as possible. Even love relationships with depression, betrayal, lack of communication, and jealousy will drag one down to the depths of sorrow and its hard to get back up until the obstacle is removed.
As obstacles come into my life--whether of my own making or others- I can stop seeing them as negative but see them as a life line being thrown to me by the Divine herself to help me grow and change. Rejecting the chance to change endangers my happiness and transformation.
Obstacles suck big lemons but offer joy and release when dealt with.

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger