AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Friday, September 4, 2009

An unusual Gift from the Universe

so i left the house around 1pm to go run a few errands and to get some items for this really liscious corn/black bean salad. I decided to stop quickly at the thrift store for a restocking of cups and bowls that seem to magically disappear here. As i was opening my car door to leave the thrift store, a gentlemen stops me and comments about my bumper stickers. The COEXIST done in all religious symbols and the Unrepentant Hippie. We started talking about religious, political and even personal experiences of life. We stood there for like 20 mins and then decided to go to Starbucks and have a coffee and talk more.
What a life he has had... around 65 and very involved with the de-segregation of Alabama during the 60s, part of federal programs then and a long history with political activism. An atheist, liberal, hippie and all around nice guy--we sat for 3 more hours just telling stories and reminiscing about the 60s and 70s and life in general. I was excited to meet someone who wasnt a religious nut in this town and just listened mostly.
As we left he apologized for keeping me so long...i said...noway apologize--This was a nice afternoon gift from the universe and I enjoyed every minute of it!! I hope I can meet your wife and kids and friends cause I need more conversation with people who actually think about their lives and their choices!!! AND he knew of a local place to do pottery as he is a sculptor and his wife an artist.... neat people!!!
I got home and made a corn/black bean/coucous salad with lots of cilantro, peppers and artichokes..YUM!! an end to a great day!!

Thanks Universe!!!!

No comments:

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger