AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy Day

something about rainy days tempt me to either make a big pot of chili with cornbread OR beef stew with homemade biscuits... I prefer chili but the rest of the gang prefers beef stew. So... a big pot of delectable beef stew is simmering and smelling wonderful!!
Throughout the day, kids come and go asking what i am cooking, stirring, talking about their day, asking what i am doing next and just a general comfortable conversing.
I love cooking and creating new recipes...combining recipes to make new dishes that are a one of kind meal. I go from vegetarian to not but mostly try and keep organic foods in the house. i have a whole organic cow in my freezer, and will have an organic pig and chickens come November. Since i grew up on a farm i LOVe having food that is healthy and i know isnt commercialized junk. Finding it is hard though and affording it is also a biggie. Since i cook most everything from scratch, I know what goes into my food and that alone saves money.
Cooking has always been therapy for me... i rarely use cookbooks as they seem so narrow and rigid..instead i think about what i have on hand, the colors, the textures, the right amount of green and white vegies, spice and cooling and breads i need to make..... now i dont care for sweets but breads now are my downfall..especially when i grind the grains and make several loaves at a time..Pure Heaven!!!!

So.. whats for dinner for you??

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Beef Stew is my all time favorite comfort food.
I would love to cook from sratch and not follow recipes or cookbooks, this is what I'm working towards.
Your children are very lucky.:)

Uppity Woman said...

Throw caution to the wind goddess, and COOK up a storm.
Sometimes they ask for junk food and then within a few days begging me to COOK real stuff.

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger