AWESOME

AWESOME
This is a fountain I need in my yard!!

NAMASTE

Welcome to my blog. It is a blog of my meanderings, my ideas, my celebrations, my thoughts and my activism. It follows no organized or well thought out plan of any kind, just posts that catch my heart or mind or soul. Enjoy!

I am a river with a voice,
I came into your life by choice
And none can judge the way that it feels.
You are a messenger from god
you are the angel ive got
and none can say it isnt real..... (Roseanne Cash-The Wheel)

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kuan Yin Alter

We have set up a family alter around Kuan Yin. (One Who Sees and Hears the Cry from the Human World. Her Chinese title signifies, "She who always observes or pays attention to sounds," i.e., she who hears prayers.) She is the Buddhist goddess of love, mercy and compassion. The statue i bought has her on a fish which is the symbol of prosperity. Daily we light a candle for her and some incense and ask for her blessings. There is a little copper pot to give her a gift...a coin, a rock, flowers, ..whatever we want to bring to her when asking for her to bless our day.
There is also a little bowl with sand to write what we need or want and then burn it in the bowl. It is a wonderful little ritual that me and the kids love doing. And we have seen amazing blessings.
I want to add Lakshmi with Kuan Yin-- she is the Hindu goddess of abundance and prosperity. I think the 2 of them go well together!
Oh and the alter they sit on is a small mahogany table with a gorgeous dragon base... dragons are symbolic of protection and power...
I love the ritual and the focus this creates for me and everyone here.

Kuan Yin
Lakshmi

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Sounds wounderful.:)

Uppity Woman said...

thanks Jodie and im glad you came to my blog!!!

WOW!!!

Awesome Video!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger